Home Insurance

There are several options for insurance concerning houses.

For example, a bricks and mortar insurance (called opstalverzekering) covers damage to your house, such as damage caused by fire. This type of insurance is not compulsory in the Netherlands. However, if you wish to get a mortgage, a homeowner's insurance policy will most likely be required.

Another non-compulsory type of house insurance which you could opt for is fire and theft insurance (calledd inboedelverzekering). This insurance covers all your belongings that are inside your house such as your computer or television. For more valuable objects, a high-value items insurance (called kostbaarhedenverzekering) would be more advisable. This insurance covers expensive valuables such as art collections.